Hi! We've recently opened a new server - if you'd like to give it a try, please check out our website at Anomaly Ragnarok Online!

Photo

Card Stacking?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

depressedash

depressedash

Poporing

• Members+
  • 46 posts

Okay, so this is the first server I have been on that has [4] slotted pretty much everything, and I was wondering about card stacking, for example, say I have a garment and I put 3 or 4 jakk cards in it, would I actually get 90%~120% resistance from fire, and 4 being immunity to fire.. ? Or does it have a stack limit like some servers do on weapon cards, where you can stack 2..? Sorry if this question was already answered somewhere else, I've searched and couldn't find it.. 

Ooh I also wanted to know what would happen if I put elemental cards into an armor, for example, an angeling card (holy), a bathory card (shadow), a ghostring card (ghost), and a evil druid card (undead)? Or won't it let you/armor would be retarded? XD

Salicus

Salicus

Archangeling

• Members+
  • 883 posts

The garment cards (jakk/marse/dustiness/hode/marionette/raydric etc) are stackable and same goes with the headgear cards (giearth/giant hornet etc).

The armour cards on the other side can not be stacked. You can only use one at a time, as an example: angeling+3 tao gunkas (since I believe everyone loves having more hp :p). What I mean is if you'd wear angeling+evil druid only the holy element (not quite sure about this one) would get resisted (basically only one of the cards would work).

depressedash

depressedash

Poporing

• Members+
  • 46 posts

Okay, thanks, and for the garments, the resistance cards stacking (4 of them) would be 120% resistance, AKA immunity? Just making sure I have this all straight in my head

Ganondorf

Ganondorf

Archangeling

• Members+
  • 800 posts

% cards for weapons such as Hydras and Turtle Generals function strangely.  Elemental resistance cards however, are quite straightforward for the most part.

You're correct, if you have four Jakk Cards, you would have 120% resistance to Fire property attacks, meaning that you would heal for 20% of the damage that would have been done to you when you're damaged with that element  If you had 100% resistance to Fire, the attacks would simply miss.  The same thing goes for Marse Cards, Dustiness Cards, etc for each element.

Armour cards such as Angeling, Bathory, Evil Druid and the like which enchant your armour with a certain element are a bit different however.  The first thing is that they won't stack onto one another, meaning if you put a Ghostring Card on your armour, which enchants it with the Ghost property, and then attempt to put an Angeling Card in the same armour, your armour would only register the element of the last card inserted, in this case, you would be Holy property, any resistances or weaknesses by the Ghostring Card would not carry over; think of it as an empty slot.

Edited by Ganondorf, 16 November 2013 - 04:29 PM.

depressedash

depressedash

Poporing

• Members+
  • 46 posts

% cards for weapons such as Hydras and Turtle Generals function strangely.  Elemental resistance cards however, are quite straightforward for the most part.

You're correct, if you have four Jakk Cards, you would have 120% resistance to Fire property attacks, meaning that you would heal for 20% of the damage that would have been done to you when you're damaged with that element  If you had 100% resistance to Fire, the attacks would simply miss.  The same thing goes for Marse Cards, Dustiness Cards, etc for each element.

Armour cards such as Angeling, Bathory, Evil Druid and the like which enchant your armour with a certain element are a bit different however.  The first thing is that they won't stack onto one another, meaning if you put a Ghostring Card on your armour, which enchants it with the Ghost property, and then attempt to put an Angeling Card in the same armour, your armour would only register the element of the last card inserted, in this case, you would be Holy property, any resistances or weaknesses by the Ghostring Card would not carry over; think of it as an empty slot.

This is perfect, thanks so much for your time :) 

InertiaRO - Super High Rate