Hi! We've recently opened a new server - if you'd like to give it a try, please check out our website at Anomaly Ragnarok Online!

Photo

macpm.dll registering as virus

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Maggie

Maggie

Poring

• Members+
  • 4 posts
I have avira and it rarely falsely positives a file. I downloaded the lite installer since I have kro 2015. Now the patcher just errors after that file was quarantined.

Help? Downloading full installer now. Should I tell my antivirus to ignore it?

tumass

tumass

Deviling

• Members+
  • 330 posts

You´ll have to put macpm.dll in your exceptions in avira.

It thinks its a virus because of the way it operates.

Becka is love,

Becka is life.

Maggie

Maggie

Poring

• Members+
  • 4 posts

Ah thank you, I'll do that. Stupid avira doesn't have a (whitelist file) button on it's virus pop up. Kinda annoying, I'll add it though. Curious, what does it do? I know it's not a normal ro dll.

Edit:

That's it! Even with exception it keeps quarantining it. Changing antivirus -.- advice to furture readers. Don't use avira

Edited by Maggie, 01 December 2015 - 04:35 PM.

Perry the Platypus

Perry the Platypus

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,838 posts
It's a part of our custom anticheat. :o

Some antiviruses falsely detect it because it uses some functions that are considered suspicious (they're pretty standard Windows functions though). Unfortunately most antiviruses these days are set to be a bit too sensitive.

It does a lot of things, but the part that the antiviruses don't seem to like is probably the keystroke verification. Basically it accepts keystrokes sent specifically to the InertiaRO client (so if you're tabbed out it receives nothing), and all it does is check that it's coming from a valid source. If it isn't, it ignores the input, and if it is valid it just continues as a normal keystroke. At no point is a keystroke logged, and no personal data is ever sent to the server, but since the antivirus doesn't really have a way to check that specifically, it just kinda jumps at it and says it's suspicious anyway.

Visit our RMS page to write a review <3

afganganteng

afganganteng

Drops

• Members+
  • 14 posts

same problem as mine

25sy9si.png

CN54ra9UwAQHr6z.png

It's Me Benky

[Jono/Kerl]

banokay