Hi! We've recently opened a new server - if you'd like to give it a try, please check out our website at Anomaly Ragnarok Online!

Photo

Voting inquiry

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

luitot

luitot

Poring

• Members+
  • 2 posts

Hi, good morning.

I just want to ask about your voting process. Because I notice that you register the IP address of the PC the user is using, but the thing is when another account is logged in that account is not able to vote even when he logs in to a different PC.

I am asking because of this situation:

My brother and I are playing on your server. I was able to vote using my PC, but when my brother logged (on my PC still) it's saying that he's already voted, so I told him to log in to his laptop, but same thing, your server recognized his account as already voted.

Is this one of the down side of your voting security or can this be fixed?

Thank you, and have a great day!

Edited by luitot, 27 January 2016 - 01:54 AM.

taepodong

taepodong

Ghostring

• Members+
  • 153 posts

The voting is IP based, which means you have to vote on 2 separate computers for 2 accounts as I recall.

Insanity keeps me sane.

Perry the Platypus

Perry the Platypus

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,838 posts
Unfortunately this is required because the voting sites themselves only count one vote per IP - if we allowed voting on multiple accounts, a lot of the votes wouldn't be counted, which would end up hurting the server. D:

Visit our RMS page to write a review <3

luitot

luitot

Poring

• Members+
  • 2 posts

I understand, but when he went on to log in on his laptop, it recognized him as already voted. Did the server recognized his laptop's IP as it's network with my PC?

Perry the Platypus

Perry the Platypus

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,838 posts
Apologies for the long delay - I mistakenly thought I had already replied to this. D:

If the computers are on the same network they'll have the same IP, yes. :o

Visit our RMS page to write a review <3

InertiaRO - Super High Rate