Hi! We've recently opened a new server - if you'd like to give it a try, please check out our website at Anomaly Ragnarok Online!

Photo

What RO Server You Guys Play Now?

• Please log in to reply
257 replies to this topic

Simmy

Simmy

Archangeling

• Members+
  • 848 posts

If any of you guys wanna experience some hot super high rate RENEWAL action check out Mega-RO.

I've been playing here for quite a while already and I've been learning a lot of new 3rd job/renewal stuff.

Hit me up if you want some assistance/guide/help/freebies :P

The admin is so professional and cool you'll think he's Perry's alter-ego. :)

Perry's alter-ego resides in the body of a smoll Platypus

Master Daravon

Master Daravon

Ghostring

• Members+
  • 205 posts

Perry's alter-ego resides in the body of a smoll Platypus

NOES!!!... ( ;3 )

Perreh is always in my <3, as well as in everyone else's whose <3 truly lurves that sweet-sweet 500/120 pre-renewal SHR goodness (as in the soon to be published KaleiRO).  :))

P.S. I wouldn't be surprised if Perreh<3 = GM Kaleidoscope, the would-be admin of KaleiRO server as a partner of the  rinserver meta-cluster (feel free to join the MegaRO discord group for moar details on KaleiRO; yet to be published on the rinservers page as it is most prolly still under development).

Whether I can absolutely say GM Kaleidoscope is THE Perreh or not depends on if he's willing to either confirm/deny that he is, or if some of the principles I've discussed privately with Perreh somehow manage to be applied in KaleiRO (but in the latter case, it could also be simply out of pure luck, epic quantities of study/homework/research, or sheer synchronicity - such are the ways of the noosphere; either way, it shall WIN if it truly be made of WIN regardless of my input). Nonetheless, I won't hype KaleiRO until it is either confirmed that Perry is indeed GM Kaleidoscope OR if the 500/120 server be deemed qualified worthy of hype.

:3

2cgg07b.jpg

"Never attribute to malice what can first be attributed to incompetence."- Hanlon's Razor

"If the model fails to conform with reality, don't try to change reality, change the model instead."

"Invention is a combination of brains and resources; the more brains you use, the less resources you need."

"The biggest room in the world is the room for improvement - what we can measure, we can improve."

"Though we can choose to ignore reality, we simply cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality."

"A problem well stated is a problem half-solved."

Perry the Platypus

Perry the Platypus

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,838 posts
Why do people always think I'm disguised as someone else? :(

Currently the only RO-related project I'm working on is a low rate, though I'm not technically a developer (I'll be a systems administrator instead this time). I have a ton of ideas for a new SHR server (really, you should see my notes; they're a mess :D), but as usual I still don't have the time.

A second dev would help immensely but even then, I could probably use content writers etc as well for all of the backstories/quests. The problem is that if I start building up a team, it becomes expected that a server will be released, and I don't want to commit to that until I'm sure I'll have the time. Until that point it's a little awkward to say "Hey want to join a content/brainstorming/development team for a server that may never exist?" =P

PS - Rin's website(s) make me cry, and his typing style is a little hard to read in my opinion. </3 Seems like a pretty alright guy though, from the little I've seen.

Visit our RMS page to write a review <3

Questions

Questions

Poring

• Members+
  • 6 posts

Hey now! Dont bash Kalei RO :P

Ill just put this out there for Flames / acceptance / critique.

I am Kaleidoscope. 

I am opening a server with HIGHLY similar features to inertia. I cant make an exact copy of it but i would like to create a place for the old inertia players to rest their characters butts comfortably.

BTW:

PS - Rin's website(s) make me cry, and his typing style is a little hard to read in my opinion. </3 Seems like a pretty alright guy though, from the little I've seen.

The websites are temporary and already  have someone working on ours as we speak! After the websites are loaded up things will look much more proffesional. We have a lot of money into these projects and are not profiting from any of it at the moment. This is something that Rin and I share and its sparked a great partnership.

Just reiterating: I in no way shape or form mean to duplicate the server, but to try and revive the gameplay style that we all miss so much is something that past inertia players should appreciate. 

If you guys have any questions or comments feel free to message me on RinServers Discord channel.

kiels

kiels

Drops

• Members+
  • 21 posts

Hey now! Dont bash Kalei RO :P

Ill just put this out there for Flames / acceptance / critique.

I am Kaleidoscope. 

I am opening a server with HIGHLY similar features to inertia. I cant make an exact copy of it but i would like to create a place for the old inertia players to rest their characters butts comfortably.

BTW:

The websites are temporary and already  have someone working on ours as we speak! After the websites are loaded up things will look much more proffesional. We have a lot of money into these projects and are not profiting from any of it at the moment. This is something that Rin and I share and its sparked a great partnership.

Just reiterating: I in no way shape or form mean to duplicate the server, but to try and revive the gameplay style that we all miss so much is something that past inertia players should appreciate. 

If you guys have any questions or comments feel free to message me on RinServers Discord channel.

Wow RPE enabled server?? kaleidoscope haha XD btw sro is dead prolly turtle too..

33ngig5.jpg

Questions

Questions

Poring

• Members+
  • 6 posts
We have Gepard enabled. No RPE.

Simmy

Simmy

Archangeling

• Members+
  • 848 posts

Wow RPE enabled server?? kaleidoscope haha XD btw sro is dead prolly turtle too..

Kalei doesn't want you, s0rry smelly Jeffy snail.

I think 90% of my posts here are trolls nao.. :c
I miss Nersha's warmth... QQ

Questions

Questions

Poring

• Members+
  • 6 posts

Im hoping that some of you guys will try it out and bring that warmth back. I indeed miss it too...Not to take anything away from Perreh, but i know you guys are dying to just sit in town and look kawaii as fck. So dont be afraid the join the OBT friday!

Anyone who is interested just follow this channel: Rinservers Discord Channel

Ill be announcing more information as the week comes to an end. Please Keep watch for the Download & registration Links.

:) Excited to see some familiar faces reunited!!

Edited by Questions, 29 November 2016 - 02:49 PM.

Simmy

Simmy

Archangeling

• Members+
  • 848 posts

Im hoping that some of you guys will try it out and bring that warmth back. I indeed miss it too...Not to take anything away from Perreh, but i know you guys are dying to just sit in town and look kawaii as fck. So dont be afraid the join the OBT friday!

Anyone who is interested just follow this channel: KaleiRO DISCORD Channel

Ill be announcing more information as the week comes to an end. Please Keep watch for the Download & registration Links.

:) Excited to see some familiar faces reunited!!

Might want to replace that with an instant invite link lel..

Questions

Questions

Poring

• Members+
  • 6 posts

oopsie! :P

Might want to replace that with an instant invite link lel..

Questions

Questions

Poring

• Members+
  • 6 posts

Fixed The link, Should be the invite :)

Perry the Platypus

Perry the Platypus

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,838 posts

We have Gepard enabled. No RPE.

With Gepard becoming more and more common, bypasses will get more common too. =P Should look into some custom client mods to help against it.

Side note, still waiting for someone to sell me the soul of another dev and/or content creation team. I'm willing to pay two potatoes and a broccoli.

Simmy

Simmy

Archangeling

• Members+
  • 848 posts

With Gepard becoming more and more common, bypasses will get more common too. =P Should look into some custom client mods to help against it.

Side note, still waiting for someone to sell me the soul of another dev and/or content creation team. I'm willing to pay two potatoes and a broccoli.

Pay with cheese too. Can't have taterz and brocz without the cheese :3

Master Daravon

Master Daravon

Ghostring

• Members+
  • 205 posts

/ic

a-HA!!... Sell anti-cheat client mods to Kalei in order to pay for dev/s. $ + (2)taters + broccoli = WIN

But seriously tho, I do see that you've got yourself in some kind of an awkward "chicken or the egg" kinda thing going with regards to time/cash/qualified labor, yet considering the socio-political turbulence now going on all over the NA side of the pond, it might just be a good idea to not rush any major decisions and/or resource commitments until the dust settles (IMO, the overall long-term outlook is seemin' kinda good, but still quite uncertain in the short-term).

tl;dr - No pressure from me, brony. ;)

:3

P.S. Sorry for piling on with the rumours about your possible new identity but I guess it's just kawaii when you get all triggly-puffed liek dat <3. I couldn't help but somehow remember you stating somewhere that you'd prolly be reprising the admin role under some other monicker.

P.P.S. I noticed that the ball has kinda been dropped (or somewhat been dribbled around in multiple threads) with regards to ideas for future content/featues/systems, and despite the seeming loss of momentum due to either ideas/inspiration having been discussed to exhaustion (perhaps simply a lack of facilitation), or what perhaps might be waning motivation from all other interested participants, but considering now the appearance of new contenders(?), would you still rather have discussions remain open (IF they're still open) and public (it's nice/productive when peeps can pitch their 2-cents in and I'm always ever so amused at how Bexy be trollin'/cuckin' everyone around lately XD), or should there perhaps now be a differrence in the approach? (I say this as I'm definitely not in the business of underestimating any current and/or future contenders, not until I "see how they roll" ).

@Kalaeidoscope - Prepare to get qual'd. Lookin' foward to open-beta. I hope you run a tight ship; first impressions may not always last, but they definitely do count. /no1 (...and da brony's right, ya still gotta right dat site).

:)

Edited by Master Daravon, 30 November 2016 - 07:09 AM.

2cgg07b.jpg

"Never attribute to malice what can first be attributed to incompetence."- Hanlon's Razor

"If the model fails to conform with reality, don't try to change reality, change the model instead."

"Invention is a combination of brains and resources; the more brains you use, the less resources you need."

"The biggest room in the world is the room for improvement - what we can measure, we can improve."

"Though we can choose to ignore reality, we simply cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality."

Questions

Questions

Poring

• Members+
  • 6 posts
@Daravon trust and believe we are putting full heart and soul. Just keep in mind we are a 2 man show running three servers! Lol I'm only opening the beta because of popular demand. I wanted another month or two get set up but we are pushing through to obt. Most likely will close for 2-3weeka after obt to finish the details!

Master Daravon

Master Daravon

Ghostring

• Members+
  • 205 posts

@Daravon trust and believe we are putting full heart and soul. Just keep in mind we are a 2 man show running three servers! Lol I'm only opening the beta because of popular demand. I wanted another month or two get set up but we are pushing through to obt. Most likely will close for 2-3weeka after obt to finish the details!

All good, bro. I'm just chillin' like a villain, lettin' dem good vibes hittin' the noggin'. I'm always patient with development (and I'm somewhat aware that these things aren't always as simple as they seem on the surface. A 2-man team is also fine and understandable; "too many cooks spoil the broth" as the old sayin' goes) for as long as those involved are open and genuinely willing to see win-win solutions come to fruition.

If I may give some unsolicited advice:

:)

Edited by Master Daravon, 30 November 2016 - 05:38 PM.

2cgg07b.jpg

Perry the Platypus

Perry the Platypus

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,838 posts

I couldn't help but somehow remember you stating somewhere that you'd prolly be reprising the admin role under some other monicker.

To be fair, if I was trying to hide it from everyone, advertising here probably wouldn't be the stealthiest of ideas. =P In any case I don't know if I'd bother really with "hiding" anything at this point; perhaps a new name but I think I'd still acknowledge who I was pretty openly.

P.P.S. I noticed that the ball has kinda been dropped (or somewhat been dribbled around in multiple threads) with regards to ideas for future content/featues/systems, and despite the seeming loss of momentum due to either ideas/inspiration having been discussed to exhaustion (perhaps simply a lack of facilitation), or what perhaps might be waning motivation from all other interested participants, but considering now the appearance of new contenders(?), would you still rather have discussions remain open (IF they're still open) and public (it's nice/productive when peeps can pitch their 2-cents in and I'm always ever so amused at how Bexy be trollin'/cuckin' everyone around lately XD), or should there perhaps now be a differrence in the approach? (I say this as I'm definitely not in the business of underestimating any current and/or future contenders, not until I "see how they roll" ).

At the moment I have enough ideas to make a fully functional server (and a very large project); it's more so down to finer details at this point which I think would be better served with an actual team. Wouldn't necessarily need to be much, just a few people to bounce ideas around and work on some proper content (writing up quests etc).

The problem as I mentioned earlier is that I can't commit to anything yet, so any possible team would also need to be fully aware of the fact that it's still a hypothetical. Most people don't like working for something that, in theory, may not happen if circumstances don't allow it. ):

I'm also somewhat uncertain if the server would even be popular given what I plan to do with it. :D It definitely wouldn't be anywhere near what current SHRs look like in terms of PvM, and even a step above traditional SHRs.

Random example: I'm considering applying a custom diminishing returns style formula to drop rates (already have a few in mind) rather than everything being exactly a 10/20/100% drop. Basically allows a lot more fine tuning of drop rates, which proportionally lines up better to how the drop rates were intended to be in the first place.

But of course, with heavy customization typically comes a lower acceptance rate, so it'll be interesting to see if a heavily PvM-influenced SHR really gets anywhere in the long run. I certainly hope it works out though, if/when I do have the time. <3

Update: my offer now includes 2 broccolis and a drop of soy sauce.

Simmy

Simmy

Archangeling

• Members+
  • 848 posts

Update: my offer now includes 2 broccolis and a drop of soy sauce.

And I've agreed to supply shredded cheese :3 (You're welcome hobo platypus) 

Master Daravon

Master Daravon

Ghostring

• Members+
  • 205 posts

And I've agreed to supply shredded cheese :3

Wao... :3

2cgg07b.jpg

Simmy

Simmy

Archangeling

• Members+
  • 848 posts

Wao... :3

The cheese I am offering is just happy moomoo cheese. I keep the kittum cheese for myself *greedy*

@Purry you should make a Discord channel just for Nersha2.0 discussion. Forums lately are just me being dumb, Poy/Drew being smart, and you somewhere in the middle of our 10/10 input. Oh, and Kalei also being dumb +_+ Hurrhurr
Could even post in FB with a disclaimer that isn't not an official project and you're just looking for feedback on the PvM contentz. *bunny hops awei*

giphy.gif

InertiaRO - Super High Rate